The art of topiary shrub pruning is not lost after all. Looking for a creative topiary pruning service company that can shape your hedges into works of art? The bush trimming designers at Living Trees & Shrubs can create the formal home garden design you desire, shaping hedges into spires or spirals, cones, rectangular garden fencing, or rounded hedge garden borders. Our landscaping company has 26+ years of experience providing shrub care services throughout the greater Houston and Katy, Texas areas.
Types of Ornamental Shrub Pruning & Shaping Services
- Ornamental Topiary Pruning
- Privacy Shrub Design
- Geometric Shrubs
- Topiary Hedge Sculpting
- Bush Fencing
- Topiary Spirals
Bush Trimming & Shaping Techniques
- Renewal pruning — rejuvenates and encourage lush growth.
- Thinning — removes shrubs’ outer branches but leaves the leader branch to shape
- Shearing — cutting back tips of bush branches to encourage thick growth for shaping bushes into privacy hedges in rectangular, circular, or topiary shapes.
- Heading back — shrub pruning technique in which the plant’s terminal bud is removed making a diagonal cut along a branch with a bud at its end.
- Pinching back — simple shrub pruning technique that encourages side growth whereby a bud is removed from the growing tip of a branch and it can be done using just your fingers.
- Tree Trimming, Pruning & Cutting Services
- Home Landscaping & Garden Design
- Artificial Turf Grass Replacement
- French Drain Installation & Repair
- Tree Removal & Stump Grinding Service
Ornamental Shrub Pruning Types
We prune various species of shrubs in front and backyard home gardens, at shopping centers and commercial buildings, apartment complexes, and master-planned community amenities. Shrub species include but are not limited to the following.
Hedge, Bush, and Shrub Species We Prune
- Mexican Bottle brush
- Evergreen Bushes
- Decorative Yew
- Flowering Cherry Bushes
Request Shrub Trimming, Pruning, or Shaping Service
Contact Living Trees & Shrubs to schedule a quote for shrub care. In addition to trimming and pruning bushes, we also plant and replace bushes.