Houston Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning services in Houston and Katy, Texas. Contact Living Trees & Shrubs to schedule tree trimming, tree pruning, or shrub pruning service. With 20 years of experience managing seasonal pruning and branch cut backs, you can rest assured our expert pruners will encourage, healthy foliage and new growth.
Why is Tree Pruning Important?
- Tree Health
In the Houston area, tree trimming can involve removing branches that could fall and cause injury or property damage. Also, trimming branches that grow into utility lines can prevent utility outages. Some trees can also obstruct the line of sight on streets and driveways, and trimming these trees can improve visibility. Lastly, the removal of key branches can improve airflow which will allow your trees to sustain the tough weather conditions in the Houston area.
The aesthetics of your landscape can also be improved through tree pruning. To improve aesthetics the natural form of the tree is enhanced through selective trimming of branches. For flowering trees, pruning can be used to stimulate flower production.
- Professional Tree Service
- Landscape Design
- Landscape Lighting
- Stump Grinding & Tree Removal
- Prevent Foundation Damage with a Professional Tree Root Barrier Installation
- Putting Green Designers & Builders
Having your trees pruned regularly will improve the overall look of your landscape. In Houston trimming and pruning your trees on a regular basis will preserve the health and longevity of your trees. The removal of branches to increase airflow will help prevent mold and mildew growth.
Thinning the crown can also reduce the chances of certain pests from becoming established in the foliage of your trees. Branches infested with insects can also be removed to improve the health of your trees and may require further tree pest control.
- Crown thinning is a pruning method primarily used on hardwood trees. This style of tree trimming is used to increase the amount of light within the crown as well as improve air circulation. Removing too much of the crown can stress the tree so care must be taken while trimming trees in this manner.
- Crown reduction is a tree trimming method that is typically used with a tree that has overgrown it’s surroundings. For example, a tree that is growing into utility lines would be pruned in this manner.
- Crown raising is used when clearance is needed for vehicles, pedestrians, or line of sight. This involves trimming the lower branches in a manner that results in a natural form.
Request a Free Tree Pruning & Trimming Estimate
Contact us today for a free estimate! At Living Trees and Shrubs our professional arborists have the training to safely and efficiently trim your trees to perfection. With proper maintenance, we will develop strong, attractive, and healthy trees to enhance your overall landscape design. The following pricing examples are an estimate of tree trimming costs.