Houston Tree Trimming and Tree Pruning services in Houston and Katy, Texas. Contact Living Trees & Shrubs online or call (713) 464-8733 to schedule tree trimming, tree pruning, or shrub pruning service. With 32 years of experience trimming and pruning trees, you can trust us to care for your trees professionally. Our tree pruning experts will trim tree limbs and branches the right way to encourage healthy foliage and lush new growth.
Why is Tree Pruning Important?
- Tree Health
In the Houston area, tree trimming can involve removing branches that could fall and cause injury or property damage. Also, trimming branches that grow into utility lines can prevent utility outages. Some trees can also obstruct the line of sight on streets and driveways, and trimming these trees can improve visibility. Lastly, the removal of key branches can improve airflow which will allow your trees to sustain the tough weather conditions in the Houston area.
Enjoy cooler afternoons outside with your family and improved curb appeal with proper tree pruning and trimming. Professional tree trimmers make a few selective cuts to encourage the leader, or main branch to grow taller and more central than the other non-dominant branches. Tree pruning is a delicate balance of form and function, sacrificing certain branches for the good of the tree’s health in the future.
For flowering trees, pruning can be used to stimulate flower production. Deep root feeding trees with fertilizer and nutrients is also recommended not just for flowering trees, but fruit and shade trees.
- Professional Tree Service
- Landscape Design
- Landscape Lighting
- Stump Grinding & Tree Removal
- Prevent Foundation Damage with a Professional Tree Root Barrier Installation
- Putting Green Designers & Builders
Having your trees pruned regularly will improve the overall look of your landscape. In Houston trimming and pruning your trees on a regular basis will preserve the health and longevity of your trees. The removal of branches to increase airflow will help prevent mold and mildew growth.
Thinning the crown can also reduce the chances of certain pests from becoming established in the foliage of your trees. Branches infested with insects can also be removed to improve the health of your trees and may require further tree pest control.
- Crown thinning is a pruning method primarily used on hardwood trees. This style of tree trimming is used to increase the amount of light within the crown as well as improve air circulation. Removing too much of the crown can stress the tree so care must be taken while trimming trees in this manner.
- Crown reduction is a tree trimming method that is typically used with a tree that has overgrown it’s surroundings. For example, a tree that is growing into utility lines would be pruned in this manner.
- Crown raising is used when clearance is needed for vehicles, pedestrians, or line of sight. This involves trimming the lower branches in a manner that results in a natural form.
Request a Free Tree Pruning & Trimming Estimate
Contact us today for a free estimate! At Living Trees and Shrubs our professional arborists have the training to safely and efficiently trim your trees to perfection. With proper maintenance, we will develop strong, attractive, and healthy trees to enhance your overall landscape design. The following pricing examples are an estimate of tree trimming costs.